Mrs. Dennis Class 1A
Please scroll to the bottom of this webpage to see the homework for this week.
Mrs. Dennis-Class 1A
If you need to reach me, you can email me at email@example.com
Due to the high of amount of severe food allergies in our school, it is very important that all ingredients are checked on the snacks before you send them in with your child . If the food is "made in a facility that processes tree nuts or peanuts" your child will not be permitted to eat it in school. Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter and the safety of all children.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
**Please note that below is our schedule for specials for each day of the week.
Monday : Music/Art-Mrs. Frank
Tuesday : n/a
Wednesday: Music/Art-Mrs. Frank
Thursday: Gym-Mr. Small (Wear gym uniform and sneakers)
Friday: Spanish-Mr. Tobin
Monday, June 17, 2019
Tomorrow is an 11AM dismissal. There is no After Care provided.
Please bring snack and a drink as usual
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - Last Day as Firsties!
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
It has been a true pleasure to teach all of my 1B students and to have their families in my class this year. May you all continue to grow on your academic journey. I love you all! Have a safe and happy summer!
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Friday, June 21, 2019
PARENTS - The youngest and only are receiving the "family ID cards" that you will be responsible of having when entering the building. Please be sure to take this out of your child's folder today and keeping it in a safe place. Also, please keep your child's IXL username and passwords (found in your child's homework book), as well as your child's Think Central username and password in your H.E.R.O folder given at Back to School Night.
Students will begin writing their homework assignments in their Homework Notebooks. If your child cannot complete writing each of the assignments in their book, please refer to our class website to see the homework that will be given. If your child attends After Care, they staff will be given the homework so that your child may complete it. Please check and sign your child’s homework book and folder each night. You should also check the individual assignments completed to ensure that your child is completing the work with a basic understanding of the skill. If you feel that your child is struggling with something, please write a quick note so that I may know to review it with them.
We will begin the skills in our Reading and Math programs the first full week of school. Please be sure to read the directions carefully with your child when completing the corresponding homework. Please see below for some frequently asked questions regarding the homework your child will be completing. We will go over this in more detail at Back to School Night on September 20 at 6pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students will be given a “Week at a Glance” in their homework book at the beginning of each reading week. Please use this as reference to see the skills that we will be covering that week. It includes spelling and sight words that your child will need to master, as well. This will be posted on our class website if your child misplaces this information.
- Students will be using the Your Turn Book in class and at home. Please complete only the pages assigned. There is no need to complete any pages that are not assigned as we complete them in class along with our lessons. We will be incorporating the Smart Start pages in the Your Turn book (pages labeled “SS”) throughout the year that correspond to our units; however, we will be beginning our classwork and homework from page 1.
- Students will be completing work from the leveled readers that we will pull out from the Your Turn book. Please leave these booklets in your child’s folder until they are placed on the “to be LEFT at home” side of your child’s home folder. We will be using these booklets twice throughout the week and may be needed in class throughout the week.
- Students may bring home readers that we refer to as the Little Reader (Reading Writing Workshop) and Big Reader (Literature Anthology). These do not get covered with clear contact paper. Please be mindful that these texts are used each year and should be taken care of when brought home. Thank you.
- Students will bring home the Go Math workbook to complete their homework in. We refer to this book as the Little Math Book. We will use the Big Math Book for classwork and independent practice.
- At the beginning of each reading week, students will be given a “pretest” for the new words that will be assigned that week. This is not given a grade, however, students will be marked correct or incorrect to show them which words they will write 3x each on the first night. After the first night, the students should use all ten spelling words for the spelling h.w. activities throughout the week. Students will be expected to spell all words on the spelling test given at the end of the week (check the homework book and class website for the assigned test date).
REMEMBER : Any book your child brings home must be returned to school the following day. This includes folders and pencil cases, too. Also, please remember to cover any workbook or notebook with clear/transparent contact or liner paper as soon as you can. We understand that it may be hard to find at the beginning of the school year, however, please do your best to cover and return the books as soon as you can.
Mrs. Dennis, 1 – A