Welcome to class 1A.
We're having snow much
Mrs. Dennis-Class 1A
If you need to reach me, you can email me at email@example.com m
Due to the high of amount of severe food allergies in our school and in our classroom, it is very important that all ingredients are checked on the snacks before you send them in with your child . If the food is "made in a facility that processes tree nuts or peanuts" your child will not be permitted to eat it in school. Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter and the safety of all children.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
**Please note that below is our schedule for specials for each day of the week.
Monday : Art-Mrs. Frank
Tuesday : no special on Tuesdays
Wednesday: Ditgital Technology-Mrs. Delfino
Thursday: Gym-Mr. Small
Friday: Spanish-Mr. Tobin
Monday, January 20, 2020 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
Gym tomorrow. Wear sneakers.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Math - P113 and P114. Study facts for timed drill on February 3.
Reading - Review completed skills in Your Turn pages 111-120 for test tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Reading-read for 15 minutes from a book of your choice.
Gym tomorrow. Wear sneakers.
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Math- P117, P118.
Spelling-Complete activity #1. Study all ten words for test on Wednesday.
Friday, January 24, 2020
Correct, sign, and return test folders on Monday. This is the last test folder for the second marking period.
News and Announcements
Students will begin writing their homework assignments in their Homework Notebooks. If your child cannot complete writing each of the assignments in their book, please refer to our class website to see the homework that will be given. If your child attends After Care, the staff will be given the homework so that your child may complete it. Please check and sign your child’s homework notebook as well as check their h.w. folder each night. You should also check the individual assignments given to ensure that your child is completing the work with a basic understanding of the skill. If you feel that your child is struggling with something, please have them do their best with your guidance, then write a quick note so that I may review it with them the next day.
We will begin the skills in our Reading and Math programs the first full week of school. Please be sure to read the directions carefully with your child when completing the corresponding homework. Please see below for some frequently asked questions regarding the homework your child will be completing. We will go over this in more detail at Back to School Night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students will be given a “Week at a Glance” in their homework book at the beginning of each reading week. Please use this as reference to see the skills that we will be covering that week. It includes spelling and sight words that your child will need to master, as well. This will be posted on our class website if your child misplaces this information.
- Students will be using the Your Turn Book in class and at home. Please complete only the pages assigned. There is no need to complete any pages that are not assigned as we complete them in class along with our lessons. We will be incorporating the Smart Start pages in the Your Turn book (pages labeled “SS”) throughout the year that correspond to our units; however, we will be beginning our classwork and homework from page 1.
- Students will be completing work from the leveled readers that we will pull out from the Your Turn book. Please leave these booklets in your child’s folder until they are placed on the “to be LEFT at home” side of your child’s home folder. We will be using these booklets twice throughout the week and may be needed in class throughout the week.
- Students may bring home readers that we refer to as the Little Reader (Reading Writing Workshop) and Big Reader (Literature Anthology). These do not get covered with clear contact paper. Please be mindful that these texts are used each year and should be taken care of when brought home. Thank you.
- Students will bring home the Go Math workbook to complete their homework in. We refer to this book as the Little Math Book. We will use the Big Math Book for classwork and independent practice. Please complete only the pages assigned in this book as well. There is no need to complete any pages that are not assigned as we will complete them in class along with our lessons or will assign them on particular days for h.w. before a test.
- At the beginning of each reading week, students will be given a “pretest” for the new words that will be assigned that week. This is not given a grade, however, students will be marked correct or incorrect to show them which words they will write 3x each on the first night. After the first night, the students should use all ten spelling words for the spelling h.w. activities throughout the week. Students will be expected to spell all words on the spelling test given at the end of the week (check the homework book and class website for the assigned test date).
REMEMBER : Any book your child brings home must be returned to school the following day. This includes folders and pencil cases, too. Also, please remember to cover any workbook or notebook with clear/transparent contact or liner paper as soon as you can. We understand that it may be hard to find at the beginning of the school year, however, please do your best to cover and return the books as soon as you can.
Mrs. Dennis, 1 – A