WELCOME TO CLASS 2B!
2019 - 2020
Mrs. Christine Franchini - Teacher
Ms. Diane Romero - Instructional Aide
Welcome to 2nd grade! My name is Christine Franchini and I will be your child's second grade teacher this 2019 - 2020 school year. I am thrilled to be joining the teaching faculty of St. Thomas the Apostle School and am looking forward to making this a fun-filled educational and religious journey for your children. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns you may have thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org , by sending in a note with your child or via phone by calling the school office.
I look forward to meeting the students and each one of you in the upcoming weeks!
2B SPECIALS SCHEDULE:
Monday - Art/Music
Wednesday - Gym (Students must wear their gym uniforms and sneakers.)
Thursday - Spanish
Friday - Digital Technology and Art/Music
Spelling Words for Weeks of 10/7 thru 10/18: grass, trips, crack, still, west, mask, clap, plans, milk, belt, fog, tub, by, he, she
Vocabulary Words for Weeks of 10/07 thru 10/18: decide, different, friendship, glance, proper, relationship, stares, trade
IXL Skill Assignments - due Monday10/21
- Math - E.12 Add doubles using models
- Language Arts - A.1 How many syllables does the word have?
Monday, October 14, 2019
No School - Columbus Day
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
1. Math – workbook p. 47-48. Chp. 2 test Thursday. No timed drill this week.
2. Reading - Write a sentence for each Vocabulary word: decide, different, friendship, glance, proper, relationship, stares and trade. Selection/Vocab Quiz on, "Not Norman" Thursday. Weekly Assessment on Friday.
3. Spelling - Do Assignment #12.Test tomorrow.
4. IXL – due Monday 10/21.
5. Gym tomorrow. Wear your gym uniform, sneakers and bring an extra water bottle.
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
1. Math – Chp. 2 test tomorrow. Study all Chp. 2 workbook pages and Reteach worksheets. No timed drill this week.
2. Reading - Selection/Vocab Quiz on, "Not Norman" tomorrow. Reread story and complete graphic organizer. Weekly Assessment test on Friday.
3. IXL – due Monday 10/21.
4. Language - Complete friendly letter greeting/closing practice worksheet.
Thursday, October 17, 2019
1. Math – Complete Doubles Facs worksheet.
2. IXL – due Monday 10/21.
3. Reading - Do Complete Subjects 2 worksheet. Weekly Assessment test tomorrow. Skills test will be on Monday. Study worksheets in LA folder.
Friday, October 18, 2019
1. IXL - due Monday.
2. Reading - Unit 1 Week 3 Skills test on Monday. Study worksheets in LA folder that were sent home (Complete Subjects, Letter Greeting/Closing and Syllables)
3. Make test corrections and get test folder signed.
4. Have a great weekend and remember to attend Mass.