WELCOME TO SECOND GRADE 2B
Welcome to 2B! We are so happy that you are part of our class. We are looking forward to a wonderful year of learning and having fun! We will grow and learn together as we strive and reach for the stars!!
If you wish to reach me, please feel free to write me a note, call the office, or email me at email@example.com .
IXL Weekly Asignment
Due on: Monday, October 22nd
Math: Place value- M.11 - Convert to and from a number up to hundreds.
Language Arts : Consonant blends and diagraphs - C.1 - Complete the word with the correct consonant blend.
October 17, 2018
- Reading: review the new vocabulary and high frequency words. The weekly assessment is tomorrow. The grammar and language mechanics test will be on Monday. Study the contents of the reading folder. Review inflectional endings ed and ing as well as context clues. Refer to page 29 in the your turn book for examples of context clues.
- Math: pages P43 and P44. Study the addition facts for a timed quiz on tomorrow.
- Religion: test on chapter 3 on Tuesday. Study the chapter and the study guide. Practice writing the essay. Refer to page 45.
- English: complete the worksheet on context clues.
- Correct your class work and return the signed packet by Friday.
Friday 10/19- Blue Ribbon Fun Celebration Day. 12:20 dismissal. Wear spirit wear and/or gym uniform.
- Please check and sign your child's homework book every day.
- Please make sure you have 3 sharpened pencils every day. Check periodically for missing supplies.
- All morning snacks must be healthy and nutritious. No cake, chips, cookies. or candy of any kind. All Remember all morning snacks must be nutritional. No nut products of any kind
- Please be reminded that for birthdays and class parties, no food or goody bags may be sent in. This is in an effort to protect our students with allergies. Thank you for your continued support.
Many adults have difficulty with understanding and navigating through the new common core math series. If you log onto the Go Math website, www.thinkcentral.com , you will have access to the math text book which will provide you with examples of the concepts being taught. This will also be an excellent reinforcement for your child.
Reading and Literacy
When you are reading with your child, “chunk” the story into a few short paragraphs at a time and ask questions regarding comprehension, details, and character analysis. This will enable them to read longer passages and their ability to comprehend will continue to improve. Encourage them to sound out words phonetically when they come to a word they are not familiar with.
Log onto the Wonders website often and read the stories with them, have them play the games, and take advantage of all the wonderful resources the program has to offer.
Together we can create students who are fluid readers as they develop a true love and passion for the art of reading!!