- Monday, October 18th is a Mission Dress Down.
- Friday, October 22nd: No School
- Friday, October 29th: 12:20 Dismissal
Course Overview: This course will help students develop their ability to understand simple spoken and written Spanish. At the same time, they will learn to communicate orally and in writing in a culturally appropriate manner about familiar topics that include self, school, food, pastimes, family, house, and clothing. Grammar will be integrated throughout the units. I will do my best to allow for different techniques and lesson plans in the classroom that will provide excitement and ease when learning Spanish.
6th through 8th Grade Textbook: We will be using Autentico Level A. Each student will have access to their Autentico textbook online at www.peasonrealize.com.
Quizzes and Tests : Quizzes will be administered after each section. At the end of the unit, a test will be administered. Use your notes and Pearson Realize for reviews. Quizzes and tests will be returned after all students take the quiz or test.
Duolingo and Pearson Assignments:
- Duolingo will be assigned weekly to reinforce skills we are learning in class. Weekly assignments will be graded for completion and are worth 5 points.
- Pearson Assignments will be assigned frequently. Instant checks are graded for completion and worth 10 points. All other Pearson assignments are graded for accuracy and given different point values. These assignments are given prior to a quiz or test to review material.
Homework: There will be no opportunity to make-up the assignment unless the student was absent or has a note from their parent explaining the reason for the missed assignment.
Please check my website to stay updated on classroom activities, homework assignments, quizzes and tests. Feel free to email me if you have any questions at email@example.com .