Remote learning: Nov. 12-Nov. 19 and Nov. 30-Dec 4
No school on Friday 11/13
Information for whole group remote learning:
1. Remote learning folders are labeled by the day of the week and dated by the week in a rubber-banded bundle.
2. Children need to be ready to start the school day with the folder of the day, pencils, crayons, a glue stick and scissors. Their Reading Wonders workbook and bag of math manipulatives should also be easily accessible.
3. Children need to know how to mute and unmute themselves. When they enter zoom first thing in the morning, they should come on "unmuted" and mute themselves once math instruction begins. We can mute and unmute as lessons progress.
4. An adult should be available to assist as needed in taking out materials, turning pages in reading and keeping their place in assignments (if needed).
5. Children should raise hands to speak just like we would do in the classroom.
6. Please: no eating during class time.
When we are in school for in person learning:
The following information is a much needed guide to get us through a smooth school day.
Please have your child use the bathroom before leaving home.
All children should bring 2 snacks and 2 small drinks on all 12:10 dismissal days. If you are sending in water please send only the small-sized bottles.
Children need 3 clean face masks daily. They should fit properly over the nose.
Please send in toy bags on the first day of each school week. They must be clearly labeled with your child's name. The toys and the bag will be sent home on Fridays. They must be washed and returned on Mondays. It is suggested that you change out the toys frequently so your child does not get bored. The children may not share toys and we do not have toys in the classroom.
Please practice buttoning pants and zippering skorts. If girls are wearing the uniform skirt instead of the skort, please replace the button with velcro or a large snap. Children should know how to put on and zipper their jackets. The children may not wear tie shoes--absolutely no shoe laces.
All children should know their first and last names.Children should know how to write their first name with a beginning capital letter and all other letters in lower case. The letters should be placed correctly in the writing space. Children should recognize and write most letters of the alphabet and numbers 0 to 10. They should be able to color within the lines of a simple illustration. These skills will be evaluated during the months of November and December. Please say the Sign of the Cross, Hail Mary and Our Father at home with your child.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Mrs DeLuca, KA Teacher Mrs Blaes, KA Aide
HOMEWORK: WEEK OFNovember 16,2020
Printing letters Qq and Rr correctly in the writing space
/q/ and / r/ sound
Showing 13 and 14 in many ways worksheets