May the blessings of Our Lord Jesus
be with you during the Lenten season!
Information for whole group remote learning:
1. Remote learning folders are labeled by the day of the week and dated by the week in a rubber-banded bundle.
2. Children need to be ready to start the school day with the folder of the day, pencils, crayons, a glue stick and scissors. Their Reading Wonders workbook and bag of math manipulatives should also be easily accessible.
3. Children need to know how to mute and unmute themselves. When they enter zoom first thing in the morning, they should come on "unmuted" and mute themselves once math instruction begins. We can mute and unmute as lessons progress.
4. An adult should be available to assist as needed in taking out materials, turning pages in reading and keeping their place in assignments (if needed).
5. Children should raise hands to speak just like we would do in the classroom.
6. Please: no eating during class time.
When we are in school for in person learning:
The following information is a much needed guide to get us through a smooth school day.
Please have your child use the bathroom before leaving home.
All children should bring 2 snacks and 2 small drinks on all 12:10 dismissal days. If you are sending in water please send only the small-sized bottles.
Children need 3 clean face masks daily. They should fit properly over the nose.
Please send in toy bags on the first day of each school week--maximum of 5-6 toys. They must be clearly labeled with your child's name. The toys and the bag will be sent home on Fridays. They must be washed and returned on Mondays. It is suggested that you change out the toys frequently so your child does not get bored. The children may not share toys and we do not have toys in the classroom.
Please practice buttoning pants and zippering skorts. If girls are wearing the uniform skirt instead of the skort, please replace the button with velcro or a large snap. Children should know how to put on and zipper their jackets. Children may not wear boots during the school day . Please send in a change of shoes during inclement weather. The children may not wear tie shoes--absolutely no shoe laces.
All children should know their first and last names.Children should know how to write their first and last names with a beginning capital letter and all other letters in lower case. The letters should be placed correctly in the writing space. Children should recognize and write all upper and lower case letters of the alphabet and numbers to 100. They should be able to color within the lines of a simple illustration. Please say the Sign of the Cross, Hail Mary and Our Father at home with your child. We will be testing these prayers at the end of March.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Mrs DeLuca, KA Teacher Mrs Blaes, KA Aide
HOMEWORK: WEEK OF Feburary 23,2021
Short /o/ story "The Dog"--circle and write the short /o/ words, read the story and draw a picture
Short /i/ word mystery picture--read the sentences to find out which picture is the mystery picture.
Addition: sums to 8, fine and color the shapes
Sight words: to, and, go, you, do, are, with, blended short vowel CVC words--a, e, i, o